Our toy collection
We have over 1000 different toys, including ride ons and other large toys that you might think twice about buying for yourself.
Popular toys are often borrowed as soon as they are returned, so don't be shy to ask another parent if you can borrow the toy they are returning once it has been checked back in!
These are just a few examples, to see more, view our Flickr gallery.
Suggest a toy
We welcome suggestions from subscribers if there is a particular toy you would like us to purchase. Contact us to suggest a toy.
Toy Hire for Birthday Parties
Members of the Moreland Toy Library who have booked the Scout Hall for a children’s party may also access a limited range of toys for use during the party.
Scout Hall hire
The Scout Hall can be hired for your child's birthday party. To make a booking, please contact Jackie Hill on 03 9383 2946.
Please note that the Moreland Toy Library is not affiliated with the Scouts so any bookings or queries must be made directly with Jackie Hill.
Hiring toys for your party gives you unlimited access to the toys in our small storeroom for the duration of your party. This storeroom contains single-piece toys such as ride-on toys, tricycles, scooters, toy vehicles, rockers, slide, rolling barrel, basketball hoop, etc. The exact toys vary from week to week, depending on what other members have borrowed. There is no guarantee regarding the number and type of toys that will be available. To ensure that a particular toy is available, you will need to borrow it during a Toy Library session and then bring it along to your party.
Please Note: Toy hire for birthday parties does not include any toys in bags.
Toy Hire Fee
$20.00, or $10.00 concession card holders.
- Any member of the Moreland Toy Library who has completed at least one rostered duty in the current year of membership and is on the roster for their second duty may hire toys for parties.
- A booking has been made directly with the Scout Hall.
Toy Hire Bookings
Please ensure you have confirmed your booking of the Scout Hall before requesting toy hire.
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Scout Hall confirmation, date and time of your party and approximate number of guests.
Payment can be made at any Toy Library session (Fridays or Saturdays) prior to your party. The key to the toy storeroom will be provided upon payment.
Payment can also be made by direct deposit into the Moreland Toy Library bank account:
Bank: Commonwealth, Coburg
Account No.: 10065278
Reference: your surname (ensure this is the ‘membership’ name on our database)
An arrangement will be made with you regarding return of the key when your booking is confirmed.
Usually you will need to drop the key back to a Committee member immediately after the party. However if there is another booking in the same week, you may be required to drop the key off to the other member.
- Children must be supervised when using the toys.
- All toys must remain inside the Scout Hall building.
- Clean toys at the end of the party if required (eg. remove any traces of birthday cake!).
- Toys must be returned to the storeroom at the end of the party. Ensure the door is locked before leaving the Scout Hall.
- All other Moreland Toy Library policies apply to toys hired for parties, eg. you may be required to make a financial contribution to the repair/replacement of any toy that is lost or damaged due to your negligence (at the Committee's discretion).